Thursday, June 30, 2011

Who Used What? To Do What?

You know those little orange buttons you see when "virtual surfing"?  They have three little white half-rainbows in  them.  The technology world calls them RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds.  Recently I downloaded Google reader which allowed me to subscribe to some of my favorite websites.  Using Google reader allows me to check updated news or sports stories without having to visit the actual web page.

RSS feeds are not just for personal use.  Many business institutions use RSS feeds to facilitate business practices, especially financial institutions.  The Federal Reserve sends RSS feeds to their outlets for updated bank rate changes.  Investment firms use RSS feeds to monitor changes in stock prices also.

RSS feeds are pragmatic in many arenas.  Last week I could not have told you what an RSS feed was, now RSS feeds will be an everyday part of my life.

Check out the following website to read about financial institutions using RSS feeds.

http://www.feedforall.com/finance-companies-use-rss.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment