Thursday, June 23, 2011

Webs Not to See through these Eyes?

Has anyone ever coined the term "virtual surfer" and not referred to a late 90s headset with face mask?  

I'm referring to you, me, and them that......sorry!  In the middle of the last sentence I actually Googled (when will this be a word in Websters) "Virtual Surfer" and found an article called Surfing Virtual Waves in Second Life, (http://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/5081-surfing-virtual-waves-in-second-life) check it out if you want to waste some time.  

Like "snow" in the Inuit language "virtual surfer" may as well take on many con notations.  

The point I was trying to make is that anyone who owns or knows how to turn on and operate a computer is probably a virtual surfer.  Anyway, here is a list of a few websites that have enabled me to become the procrastinator that I am.

1.) Market Watch - As of late I've been on this site more than any other.  I am taking a Securities and Investment class this summer and we are playing a virtual (there it goes again) portfolio game.  Anyone who is into the stock market or just likes to gamble this site is for you.  http://www.vse.marketwatch.com/Game/Homepage.aspx

2.) Dictionary.com - I'm not kidding.  I love this site.  I actually have this site bookmarked on my tools bar right after Investopedia.  Words pop come to me when I'm writing in which I am unsure of their exact meaning, so I look them up to assure myself that I was indeed correct (run on sentence?).  I've probably used this site 20 times for this blog.  I'm not going to bother posting a link for this site nor the next.

3.) You Tube - Enough said!

By the way and for what its worth the videos on the left side of this blog are from the 3rd website.  In no particular order I have; The Black Crowes performing Oh Sweet Nuthin' (a Velvet Underground tune) during the taping of Cabin Fever.  The other two are Phish performing Meatstick this past NYE and Brian McCanns triple on Chipper's BD....classic slide into 3rd base!

Goo goo g'joo,

The Walrus!

No comments:

Post a Comment